Also, this post is now incredibly untimely since it's already November.
But sorry. This is basically the only way I remember where I went and what I ate and drank there, so this post is happening.
Let's do this.
Spring/Summer Travels 2017:
Las Vegas, NV
Occasion: Dance team ish
Travel Partners: Doug & Anna (& the dance team)
- Happy hour at Bardot Brasserie in the Aria (everyday from 5:30-7pm)
- Boozy milkshakes at Milk Bar in the Cosmo
- In-n-Out (delicious and can't beat those prices on The Strip)
Occasion: To visit Lauren
Travel Partners: Lauren & Nicole
- Pale ales & ping pong at Lost & Found Beer Garden
Occasion: Work conference
Travel Partners: My mom
- Mushroom tacos and margs at Bar Taco
- For other recs, check out this post cuz we went to all the same places
San Diego, CA
Occasion: Doug's 30th Birthday
Travel Partners: Doug, Sarah & Chris
- Tiki drinks at False Idol (opened by a former member of the Hale Pele team)
- The beers at North Park Beer Co. were decent but we were really all about Mastiff's sausages.
- Modern Times is always a must (except we're mad at them cuz they're taking over The Commons)
Occasion: Annual Boston girls reunion
Travel Partners: Shannon, Anna & Erica
- Scandinavian snacks & craft cocktails at Portland Hunt & Alpine Club
- I like donuts and I like potatoes so I was very into The Holy Donut's potato donuts
- Blyth & Burrows has a back bar behind a swinging bookcase, so obvs into that too
San Francisco, CA
Occasion: Work event
Travel Partners: Kel
- We loved the laidback vibe, tiki drinks, and delicious Thai dishes at Hawker Fare
- The gin tonics are as big as your head at Bellota - and there are 3 different versions to try!
- The Saloon claims to be SF's oldest bar and it's a great option for Sunday night dance parties
Occasion: Summer trip
Travel Partners: Doug
- All about the wood-fired eats (and free kitchen entertainment) at Young Joni
- Surley Brewing Co. might be the only MN brewery that makes a decent IPA; great beer garden too
- It's hard to find, but we loved the speakeasy vibe of Volstad's Emporium
- Fun, creative flavors at Milk Jam Creamery and can't beat soft serve + cookie dough at MN Nice Cream
Occasion: Visit Parentals
Travel Partners: Doug
- Bend is a beer town, but Barrel Thief does cocktails right
- Chow is always packed for a reason. Go on a weekday right when it opens if possible.
- It wouldn't be a trip to Bend without an ocean roll at Sparrow Bakery
- Barrio is our go-to special occasion spot in Bend
Occasion: Girls Weekend
Travel Partners: Kel, Jenna & Shelby
- Most of the cute places on our list were closed for Labor Day, but not Olympia Oyster Bar!
Okay, now I miss summer. Bye!