Tory Row: Harvard Square
- Katie H and I met up after work on Friday to share a pitcher of molson canadian lager($15) and catch up now that we don't have any classes together
- The food smelled delicious so we decided to order dinner. Katie went for the veggie burger with jalapeno aioli, mixed greens and roasted potatoes ($9) and I tried the yukon golden potato leek soup with fried leeks ($7). Delicious!
- With its relaxed but sophisticated vibe, Tory Row is a great place to meet up after work
Sweet: Harvard Sqaure
- Katie had never been to Sweet so we headed across the street to check out their selection of cupcakes
- Such a cute setup and all the choices sounded so tasty.
- We went with the snickerdoodle cupcake: cinnamon-infused cake and frosting rolled in homemade sugar crystals...it was a good choice
- We weren't quite ready to go home so we met up with our friend Heather at Publick House
- Super-crowded but great beer selection
- We were all happy with what the bartender recommended until we got our bills. Next time we'll know to check prices so we don't end up paying $9 a beer like Katie had too. (In my mind $9 is appropriate only for a cocktail, never for one beer).
- I've been wanting to try Deep Ellum for a while and I finally convinced Shannon to go with me on Saturday (but only after reading her its great yelp reviews and noting that it was one of Drink Boston's top bars)
- I tried The Original Aviation ($9): gin, maraschino, creme de violet, lemon. It was delicious.
- And Shannon went for The Prado ($9): tequila, maraschino, grenadine, lime
- Definitely need to go back and do some more sampling because this place warrants its own post even if they don't have happy hour (no surprise there though).